Thursday, March 19, 2009

...I charged Alec Baldwin's phone and drank rich people's spit wine.

That's right! I actually met the elusive A-Bald! Not only that, but I had his cellphone in my possession, charging, for two hours. You're currently reading the words of someone who could have, hypothetically, gotten Tina Fey's phone number (fun Wikipedia fact: her middle name is....Stamatina? Really?*). I didn't, of course- that would be like owning a nuclear bomb or a vial of the smallpox virus. But still, MISTER Baldwin- who was actually INTRODUCED to someone as "Alec", like they didn't know who the fuck he was- was very nice, to me, and thanked me three times. Fun real life fact- that is actually how he talks, and bobs his head. From what I saw, the difference in manner between Alec Baldwin and the fictional characters he portrays is that he doesn't shave every day when he's just Alec Baldwin.
The actual occasion was much less interesting- I intern at a film company, and somebody who may be working on a future project with Mr. Baldwin invited him to an early screening of their next film, and I was waiting outside the screening with six bottles of very nice wine and a lot of little plastic cups, to make sure that everyone involved got good and soused afterwards. I mean, it was interesting- everyone had very positive responses to the film, it was an interesting environment to be in- but it wasn't like I was there to seduce the Russian ambassador. I was the guy pouring wine. This happened, oh, a week ago but I'm only posting it now because a) I have a blog now and b) I poured wine at another event tonight, but this time I put out a tip cup first. After pouring a record seven (7) bottles of wine, my haul at the end of the night was $12 dollars; after subtracting two (2) pieces of pizza, a chocolate chip cookie to drown my sorrows and a dollar for the homeless spastic woman outside of the 14th Street subway station, I came out a sweet $3 ahead. I always knew I'd make my fortune in the film business.

*Another fun Fey fact- she's doing a voice in the next Miyazaki film? Ugh, god, this is getting kind of gross. Jesus, Tina Fey, quit pandering to, uh, me.

PEE DOT ESS DOT This is a blog where I and El Thompson talk about what we're doing instead of going to law school. It will continue until one of us goes to law school.

No comments:

Post a Comment