Friday, March 20, 2009

...I gave in to the healing power of rage.

Like most Americans, I am apparently missing the chunk of reptilian hind-brain that makes people able to understand high-level finance, or maybe I failed to have the requisite brain damage. All I know is, back when this financial crisis/recession/depression/catastrofuck began, back when Johnny McCain and Idiot the Girl Wonder were roaming the countryside, I tried to figure out "credit default swaps" and kept thinking that I was missing something, that there was no way that people could have been that stupid, and then it turned out that, yes, they are. They are exactly that stupid. Normally, of course, I wouldn't mind- I managed to come out on top of the meltdown by not having any money in the first place; however, in between me having to compete with a bunch of laid-off i-bankers for coffee shop jobs and me having to compete with a bunch of laid-off i-bankers inside of Thunderdome, this whole economy bullshit is starting to have some repercussions for me, personally. The shitty job that I have taken to support myself while I do what I love, as it turns out, is not going to support me. I'm starting to get pissed off.
Of course, right now everyone's pissed at AIG, including either the Post or the Daily News (the two New York tabloids), one of which I swear to god had a cover that just said NOT SO FAST YOU GREEDY BASTARDS. I'm fine with this, of course, but now people are saying I should be pissed off at more people, like, uh, Tim Geithert? Or something? He's responsible? Maybe Obama himself? It's all very complicated, and a lot of people are pissed off at Obama for not doing more, perhaps forgetting that a) there is an actual TV network already devoted to talking shit about him, all of the time, b) like 70% of our country is asshole, by volume, so it's a bit difficult to do anything sweeping. I don't know, I like the guy, I thought his NCAA bracket was pretty well done and he seems to be interested in making sure that, one day, I might get to go to the dentist, so I'm cutting him some slack. I've actually just decided to be angry at the ostentatiously wealthy- just like every other day, except now I'm actually spitting instead of just doing the pucker and making a "ptooo" sound.
Today was a day of rage. Try one, every now and then.

PEE ESS DOT- Where is El Thompson?

No comments:

Post a Comment